Super good!! That’s about all I can say!! Whether with burgers, hotdogs, or even by themselves these are sure to please. Sweet and smokey with tons of flavor and the chipotle dipping sauce is just the added bonus to these babies.
1 cup all purpose flour
2 large Vidalla onions thick sliced
3/4 Sam Adams summer ale or light larger
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Chipotle mustard aioli:
3 tablespoons Chipotle mustard
2 teaspoons mayo
1 teaspoon dry parsley
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
- In a med bowl, whisk together flour, egg, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper and combined. Add beer and whisk till combined. I usually let the batter sit for about 20 mins.
- Cut onions into thick slices and separate the onions into rings. If you do not own a deep fryer like me than this method works just the same. In a large sauce pan pour in oil and heat over high heat. You want your thermometer to be reading about 350.
- Once oil reads at 350 , dip the onion rings into the batter , drip off the excess batter. Add rings to the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, ( about 3-4 mins) . Fry in small batches, this will prevent sticking and overcrowding.
- Sprinkle salt over batches of rings as soon as they come out of the oil.
- In a small bowl, combine chipotle mustard, mayo, cayenne pepper, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix add to a small serving dish next to or rings and serve.
Cooking time: approx 12 mins
Serves 6 peeps