This stuff was “AMAZING”!! Funny part is that I just started using “Turmeric” in my dishes! My mom had used it all the time so, I’m not really sure why it had taken me so long to start using it??
I was quite surprised to find out that turmeric has quite a few potential health benefits as well!! SOOO COOOLLLL!
Here are 20 health benefits of turmeric:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
See!! So I guess everyone can benefit from using a little turmeric from time to time!!
6 sausage links ( spicy, mild, sweet)
3 cups cooked white rice
1 bundle asparagus
2 shallots chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons turmeric
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 bundle of dill chopped
2 tablespoon “Smart Balance” or butter
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup fat free heavy cream
3 drizzles olive oil
Salt and pepper.
Boil rice as directed and set aside.
Grab your indoor grill pan and heat on med high heat over stove. Remove sausage from package and place sausage on grill pan. Cook for about 10 mins on all sides. While your sausage is grilling, grab a large bowl and add your asparagus. drizzle some EVOO, salt and pepper and mix. Spread the asparagus in the opposite side of your grill pan ( next to sausage) and cook till asparagus is nice and tender.
In a medium sizes pot over med heat. Add butter, shallot and garlic and stir cooking about a min. Add your tablespoons of flour and stir, cook the flour out for about a min. Once your flour is cooked out, whisk in your chicken stock and then cream. Keep whisking till sauce has thicken. Sprinkle a little salt and lots of pepper. Once sauce has start to bubble and thicken, add your turmeric and then the cheddar. Take your already pre cooked rice and add it to your sauce stir. Sprinkle in your fresh chopped dill and plate your rice in a big platter.
Remove your asparagus and place on the side of your rice. Next remove your sausage (letting the sausage rest a few mins before cutting) and slice. Place sausage on top of your rice and serve. Sprinkle some more fresh dill or parsley on top for garnish.
Cooking time: approx 20 min
Serves 4 to 6 peeps.